Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Freshers Info This Weekend!

Last post 10-03-2008, 6:25 PM by Alyn. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-03-2008, 9:14 AM 2779

Freshers Info This Weekend!

For all those that missed the information about the Freshers trip to Totara Flats this weekend here's the essentials. Just remember that if you want to come on this trip and haven't signed up that you need to contact me ASAP so that I can put you in a group and confirm numbers. 

If you have signed up you will be put in a group. You should receive an email from Alyn telling you who your group leader is by Wednesday night and you should hear from your group leader by Thursday night. If you do not receive this email please email alyn.higgins@hanz.org.nz as you may not be in a group, or we may not have the right contact details for you. If you have to pull out of the trip please let your group leader or Alyn know ASAP.

Times

Meet at Hunter car park at 5.45pm on Friday, having already eaten dinner or with takeaways to eat on the way. The bus will not stop going either way. We will be back at uni by about 7pm on Sunday.

Food

Your leader should contact you about food. Dinner on Saturday night will be a group effort and your leader should have told you what to bring along.  You will also need 2x breakfasts and 2xlunches for Saturday and Sunday and snacks.  

Cost

$25 – Please pay at the Tuesday meeting. If you cannot pay on Tuesday you must talk to Alyn or Andrea. Also you must be a club member ($20 students, $30 non student) to go on this trip. Please note you will also be required to provide your own breakfasts and lunches as well as something for a group dinner on Saturday night.

Emergency Contact

The Emergency contact for this trip will be Hazel Bidmead – 021 0430383. Please let your flatmates/family know this. This is the person they should contact in the event the group is overdue or if there are other issues. The destination is Totara Flats.

Gear

You need to have all of the following gear to go on this trip. It will be checked before you get on the bus so please don’t turn up without it. If you cannot get any of this gear, you should try and borrow from family and friends, try Kathmandu or the Warehouse or contact your group leader or Alyn who may be able to assist.

·         Raincoat

·         Pack you can carry on your back for 5 hours and Packliner (big plastic rubbish bag is fine) to keep everything dry in case of wet

·         2x Breakfast & 2x Lunch

·         Polyprop top and bottom

·         Warm Jersey or woollen fleece top

·         Boots or Sturdy walking or running sneakers

·         Sleeping Bag

·         Snow foam/Bed roll

·         Drink Bottle

·         Bowl/Mug/Cutlery

·         Torch

·         Personal Medication

·         Sunblock and sunhat

·         Toilet paper

·         Shorts (Nylon)

You may wish to bring other gear – that is fine, but just remember everything you bring, you have to carry! If you have any questions please ask your group leader before we meet on Friday night.

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
  •  09-03-2008, 8:31 PM 2783 in reply to 2779

Re: Freshers Info This Weekend!

Although I didn't walk in or out with the club members, I did enjoy the dying embers of the Saturday night fire. 

My first tramp since school and I had a great time!   Thanks  :)

•  10-03-2008, 6:25 PM 2784 in reply to 2783

Re: Freshers Info This Weekend!

And thanks to all who came along and made the trip successful.

Just remember also that if you haven't paid for the trip ($25) that we need to cover our costs and that you can pay the club treasurers, Jess or Simon, at the meeting on Tuesday.  

You are also more than welcome to write about the trip and post photos from the trip either on the website or to the publicity officers, Sarah and Steve, for including in club publications.

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
    Filed under: ,
View as RSS news feed in XML